Saturday, May 21, 2011

one year old smile...my Sketch Along Tuesdays May 17th entry for Frosted Designs!

Happy Saturday evening all!! I have had a great day staying at home playing with my boys, and sneaking in some scrapbooking! I absolutely loved the sketch for this challenge! It was soooo much fun to work on! I tried a few different techniques for this one, and I think I did pretty darn good, lol. 

This LO is of my youngest son when we did one year old pictures. He did an amazing job, and I hope to do many more layouts of these pictures. I painted the cardboard with acrylic paint, then took an unused emery board and distressed it, then tore the ends off. I did all the stitching by hand, which was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be! I inked the edges of some of the paper to go with the distressed cardboard. I really like how this turned out, and am looking forward to using these techniques on future LOs.

For this page, I used:
  • My Mind's Eye paper
  • Cardstock from Hobby Lobby
  • Spare Parts embelishments
  • Cricut Cartridges: Lyrical Letters, Heritage, Sentimentals
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy! 

Much love,
Jenny ♥

7 comments :

  1. Aaaaaaw, what a cute take on the sketch. I love your embellishments and how you placed them on your layout, I struggle with boy layouts and so, I love seeing others :)
    thnx for joining us girls over at Frosted Designs
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so Adorable!!!!! Love your take in the sketch. I really liked the ribbon technique.
    Thanks for joining us on Sketch Along Tuesdays @ Frosted Designs Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable smile! I am loving your ribbon and will have to give that a try. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! Hope to see you again.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute layout!!! Your picture is adorable and I have to agree to with the girls, I love your ribbon!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet layout! The photo is adorable and I love the color combo.
    Thank your for playing with us at Sketch Along Tuesday @ Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Layout!! Love the different PP and the photo is priceless!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie pie!! I love all the details you added to this! The pleated ribbon is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Sketch Along Tuesdays @ Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!