Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Practical Scrappers Link With Love projects

Hi everyone!!

It has been a talked about subject as of late...Link with Love. If you get inspiration from someone/something...link it back to the original source! Simple as that! Be true to the creator and true to yourself! :)

Practical Scrappers DT has made some amazing projects that were inspired by other sources...you can check it out HERE.

Here is my layout:

I have used the current sketch at Creative Scrappers(197):

And I was so, so, so inspired by the amazingly talented Debbi Tehrani!! She has always been a scrapper that I admired, and knew that I would pick one of her layouts to be inspired by!

You can check out all her amazing work on her blog: HERE

And you can see the specific layout that inspired me: HERE

A note about Debbi...she only ever scraps in 8x8!! Amazing!! I have made my above layout in 8x8, and also took a photo for you all to see how small that really is...to me, it still looks 12x12 when you post it online, but its not!! 

Here are some detailed photos:

I am overall inspired by her, but for this particular layout, what inspired me was the colors, how she added the kraft, the machine stitching, and of course, the 8x8. 

I really hope you all will remember to link with love on all of your inspired by layouts/cards/projects!!  And also be on the watch for a Practical Scrappers blog hop this weekend!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and any love that you leave!! :)


(For this layout, I used: CP Toy Box pp, EP Dots and Stripes pp, Fancy Pants Be You pp, MME Lost and Found 2 pp and Out of the Blue pp, My Little Shoe Box pp, MME Out of the Blue title die cut, MME Lost and Found 2 label sticker, Maya Road kraft journaling tags and transparency tickets, TH metal tag, K&Co journaling tags, Creative Imaginations cardstock sticker, Cosmo Cricket tiny alphas, AC Thickers Delight, twine, pearls, TPS brads)

5 comments :

  1. this is incredible! I love it! I have never scrapped 8x8! I have done 6x6 and 8.5x11 but never 8x8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, love the colors you chose against the black...so eye catching! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I'm so honored and flattered and blushing right now. Your layout is FAR better than mine! You do such beautiful work. Thank you so much for your sweet compliments, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this more masculine interpretation of the sketch. The clean lines are so striking - great use of matting to make elements stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jenny! I am inspired by your LO and has made its choice. You can watch it here http://kaier70.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post_24.html. Interested in your opinion! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!